Is it really free?
This depends on a few things, but most of the time, Yes!
A good rule of thumb is this:
Age 16 – 18: The course is free to you and your employer
Age 19 – 23: Part government-funded, the apprenticeship employer usually covers the rest
What courses are available?
Care Assessment Training Services (CATS) offers both full Apprenticeships and standalone NVQ/QCF awards at levels 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care, Business Administration, Management and Team Leading. Full assessor training and certification is given as workplace assessment is used throughout. This ensures an integrated and robust approach between the establishment, training provider and the candidate.
What we offer
- Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care level 2
- Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care level 3
- Apprenticeship in Business Administration level 2
- Apprenticeship in Business Administration level 3
- Team Leading level 2
- Management level 3
- Functional Skills English and Maths level 1
- Functional Skills English and Maths level 2
Am I too old?
You’re never too old to develop yourself and your skills. Depending on your background, you may also be entitled to funded courses, meaning that you can unlock your potential new career and skill-sets without spending anything. Become a better you and unlock your potential.
Will I earn more money?
Apprenticeships are all about learning and training and this will inevitably make apprentices better at their job and more valuable to the company.
Employers should be open to discussing wages if the apprentice can prove their commitment, development and value.
You could get a bursary to help with education-related costs if you’re aged 16 to 19 and:
- studying at school or college (not university) in England
- on a training course, including unpaid apprenticeships
- There’s a different scheme in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
What a bursary is for
A bursary is money that you, or your education or training provider, can use to pay for things like:
- clothing, books and other equipment for your course
- transport and lunch on days you study or train
How do I apply?
There are 3 options when applying for an apprenticeship with CATS