Level 2 Award & Certificate in Team Leading (QCF)
- Are nationally recognised ~
- Are based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) and designed to provide underpinning knowledge and understanding for the NOS, as well as developing practical skills in preparation for work and achievement of NVQs. NOS form the basis of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs). They are supported by the relevant Standards Setting Body (SSB) or Sector Skills Council (SSC).
Who is this qualification for?
The Level 2 Apprenticeship in Team Leading is for all learners aged 16 and above who are capable of reaching the required standards.
What are the potential job roles for those working towards these qualifications?
This qualification confirms competence in these areas for roles such as:
- for those with a responsibility for team leading regardless of the sector
What progression opportunities are available to learners who achieve these qualifications?
It is anticipated that learners will progress to Management level 3 QCF qualifications for supervisor or management roles.
How do learners achieve the Level 2 Apprenticeship in Team Leading?
Each unit within the Apprenticeship has a credit rating. Learners must achieve a minimum of 40 credits plus Functional Skills to gain the Level 2 Apprenticeship in Team Leading.
Learners must take 5 mandatory units. You then have the choice of optional knowledge and competence units covering different areas of Team Leading such as develop a team, principles of decision-making, participating in meetings, gaining results from your team, coaching skills in Team Leading and Management, customer service in Team Leading.
How is the Level 2 Team Leading Apprenticeship Assessed?
Assessment will take place via evaluation of work-based performance, producing evidence, witness testimony as well as questioning. Your nominated Apprenticeship assessor will be vocationally competent and qualified. He or she will measure your competence against the relevant standards by way of…
- Carrying out observations of you demonstrating your skills
- Asking you questions to test your knowledge and understanding
- Plan & collect from you any further evidence through witness statements, reflective accounts or recognised prior learning
- Check whether your evidence demonstrates your competence and is sufficient to meet the standards
A portfolio of evidence is produced which will show evidence that you can perform to the level described. Your assessor will assist and support you in assembling your portfolio as well as preparing for assessment. During the level 2 Apprenticeship in Team Leading you will also have access to email and telephone and support resources if required.
How do I enrol for a Team Leading Apprenticeship Level 2?
If you have any questions about QCF Apprenticeship in Team Leading Level 2 or, are interested in enrolling, contact one of our training advisors on 01282 786263 or, fill in our online form.
Awarding body: Edexcel Length of award: 12 – 18 months