Level 2 Warehousing & Storage (QCF)
The Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage covers a wide range of skills that can be applied on a variety of warehousing environments.
It’s suitable for small or large warehousing businesses, ranging from small logistics companies, warehousing in shops and centres to depots and distribution centres.
- Are nationally recognised
- Are based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) and designed to provide underpinning knowledge and understanding for the NOS, as well as developing practical skills in preparation for work and achievement of NVQs. NOS form the basis of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs).
Who is this qualification for?
The Level 2 Apprenticeship in Warehousing and Storage is for all learners aged 16 and above who are capable of reaching the required standards.
What are the potential job roles for those working towards these qualifications?
This qualification confirms competence in these areas for roles such as:
- Delivery Assistant, Stockroom Assistant, Picker Operative, Fork Lift Truck Operative
What progression opportunities are available to learners who achieve these qualifications?
It is anticipated that learners will progress to level 3 QCF qualifications for Warehousing & Storage or to specialist qualifications reflecting the context in which they work.
How do learners achieve the Level 2 Apprenticeship in Warehousing & Storage?
Each unit within the Apprenticeship has a credit rating. Learners must achieve a minimum of 26 credits plus Functional Skills to gain the Level 2 Apprenticeship in Warehousing & Storage.
Learners must take 2 mandatory units. You then have the choice of optional knowledge and competence units covering different areas of warehousing and Storage relevant to your workplace and job role.
How is the Level 2 Warehousing & Storage Apprenticeship Assessed?
Assessment will take place via evaluation of work-based performance, producing evidence, witness testimony as well as questioning. Your nominated Apprenticeship assessor will be vocationally competent and qualified. He or she will measure your competence against the relevant standards through:
- Carrying out observations of you demonstrating your skills
- Asking you questions to test your knowledge and understanding
- Plan & collect from you any further evidence through witness statements, reflective accounts or recognised prior learning
- Check whether your evidence demonstrates your competence and is sufficient to meet the standards
A portfolio of evidence is produced which will show evidence that you can perform to the level described. Your assessor will assist and support you in assembling your portfolio as well as preparing for assessment. During the level 2 Apprenticeship in Warehousing & Storage you will also have access to email and telephone and support resources if required.
How do I enrol for a Warehousing & Storage Apprenticeship Level 2?
If you have any questions about QCF Apprenticeship in Warehousing & Storage Level 2 or, are interested in enrolling, contact one of our training advisors on 01282 786263 or, fill in our online form.
Awarding body: Edexcel Length of award: 12 – 14 months