Level 3 Award & Certificate in Principles in Customer Service (QCF)
- Are nationally recognised.
- Are based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) and designed to provide underpinning knowledge and understanding for the NOS, as well as developing practical skills in preparation for work and achievement of NVQs. NOS form the basis of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs). They are supported by the relevant Standards Setting Body (SSB) or Sector Skills Council (SSC).
Who is this qualification for?
The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Customer Service is for all learners aged 16 and above who are capable of reaching the required standards.
What are the potential job roles for those working towards these qualifications?
This qualification confirms competence in these areas for roles such as:
- Office administrator, receptionist, event management, contributing to change and innovation, or working in public services
You will be in a customer based environment offering products and services to meet and exceed the client’s needs, dealing with enquiries, queries and requests. This could be face to face, by telephone or other communication methods so a calm, friendly and professional manner is essential.
The Customer Service apprenticeship teaches you the skills to provide excellent customer service, and can be applied to hundreds of job roles across many different sectors, from government to telecommunications. However, most customer service apprentices work in retail, financial services, call centres, hospitality, or sport and recreation.
Level 3 (Advanced) Learners will assume responsibility for planning and organisation of their work, using their initiative in problem solving and developing customer relations to the benefit of the organisation
What progression opportunities are available to learners who achieve these qualifications?
It is anticipated that learners will progress to level 5 QCF qualifications for management or senior practitioner roles or to specialist qualifications reflecting the context in which they work.
How do learners achieve the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Customer Service?
Each unit within the Apprenticeship has a credit rating. Learners must achieve a minimum of 55 credits plus Functional Skills to gain the Level 3 Apprenticeship in Customer Service.
Learners must take 6 mandatory units. You then have the choice of optional knowledge and competence units covering different areas of Customer Service such as building working relationships with customers, principles of supporting change in a business environment, principles of supporting business events, principles of maintaining stationery stock, principles of working in the public sector, principles of project management, principles of contributing to innovation and change, principles of budgets in a business environment, principles of working in the public sector.
How is the Level 3 Customer Service Advanced Apprenticeship Assessed?
Assessment will take place via evaluation of work-based performance, producing evidence, witness testimony as well as questioning. Your nominated Apprenticeship assessor will be vocationally competent and qualified. He or she will measure your competence against the relevant standards through:
- Carrying out observations of you demonstrating your skills
- Asking you questions to test your knowledge and understanding
- Plan & collect from you any further evidence through witness statements, reflective accounts or recognised prior learning
- Check whether your evidence demonstrates your competence and is sufficient to meet the standards
A portfolio of evidence is produced which will show evidence that you can perform to the level described. Your assessor will assist and support you in assembling your portfolio as well as preparing for assessment. During the level 3 Apprenticeship in Customer Service you will also have access to email and telephone and support resources if required.
How do I enrol for a Customer Service Apprenticeship Level 3?
If you have any questions about QCF Apprenticeship in Customer Service Level 3 or, are interested in enrolling, contact one of our training advisors on 01282 786263 or, fill in our online form.
Awarding body: Edexcel Length of award: 12 – 18 months