Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
This qualification replaces the current Level 4 NVQ in Leadership and Management for Care Services and the Level 4 NVQ in Health and Social Care.
• Is nationally recognised
• Is based on the Health and Social Care national Occupational standards (NOS). The NOS, assessment principles and qualification structures are owned by Skills for Care and Development
This qualification aims to guide and assess development and knowledge, understanding and skills in management and advanced practice within health and social care adult services.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is for all learners aged 19 and above in England, who are capable of reaching the required standards.
What are the potential job roles for those working towards these qualifications?
- Managers of residential services
• Assistant managers of residential services
• Assistant managers
• Senior care workers
• Day service managers
• Day service assistant managers
• Managers Domiciliary Services
• Assistant managers domiciliary services
• Managers community based services
What progression opportunities are available to learners who achieve these qualifications?
This qualification will be the accepted qualification for registration and regulation where appropriate and can demonstrate continuing professional development.
How do learners achieve the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care?
Each unit within the Diploma has a credit rating. Learners must achieve a total of 90 credits to complete the qualification.
All learners must take 5 mandatory units. They then must follow one of the following pathways:-
ADULTS’ RESIDENTIAL MANAGEMENT PATHWAY
ADULTS’ MANAGEMENT PATHWAY
ADULTS’ ADVANCED PRACTICE PATHWAY
How is the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Assessed?
Assessment will take place via evaluation of work-based performance, producing evidence, witness testimony as well as questioning. Your nominated Assessor will be vocationally competent and qualified. He or she will measure your competence against the relevant standards through:
• Carrying out observations of you demonstrating your skills
• Asking you questions to test your knowledge and understanding
• Plan & collect from you any further evidence through witness statements, reflective accounts or recognised prior learning
• Check whether your evidence demonstrates your competence and is sufficient to meet the standards
A portfolio is produced which will show evidence that you can perform to the level described.
Your assessor will assist and support you in assembling your portfolio as well as preparing for assessment.
During the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care you will also have access to email, telephone and support resources if required.
How do I enrol for the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care?
If you have any questions about QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care, are interested in enrolling, contact one of our training advisors on 01282 786263 or, fill in our online form.
Awarding body: Edexcel Length of award: 12-18 months